Skip to main content
logo print


Domestic Higher Education students can defer their study for up to two semesters  - or 12 months -  prior to starting their course.

Students who receive a formal offer from Holmesglen in a higher education course may apply for deferment by submitting a Higher Education Deferment Application form (PDF-509kb) prior to the specified enrolment date. Additional conditions are described on the form.

International students who wish to defer should contact the International Students Office.


Students who are currently enrolled in a course may apply to take a break in their studies for up to 12 months.  If the application for intermission is approved, the student’s place in the course is reserved for them so that they may resume their studies at the end of the intermission period.

Current students who wish to apply for intermission do so using the form Application for Intermission of Study (PDF-504kb) 

International students must  consult with the International Centre before they lodge an application for intermission of their studies.

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729