Melbourne metro area returns to lock down but Holmesglen remains open. Along with all TAFEs in Victoria, we are considered an essential service.
Classes are continuing and where possible, theory classes are occurring remotely for all students. For those classes continuing on campus, social distancing arrangements are in place.
We continue to follow the advice of Department of Health and Human Services, which is to study at home if you can. Students may attend on-campus it if is necessary for hands-on, skills-based learning, or if they cannot access technology at home for remote studies. If students are attending on site, they should maintain physical distancing by keeping at least 1.5 metres between themselves and others where practical.
Employers should view the FAQs update here.
Minimising your risk
Holmesglen continues to act in line with advice from the relevant government departments, and currently, all our campuses remain open. We would like to reiterate the need for everyone in our community to take the necessary precautions should they be unwell.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) students will not be able use cash to make payments for their course fees. To find out more information, see how to pay for your course fees.
In addition to the normal cleaning regime, further cleaning measures have been implemented at all campuses:
- Daily disinfection of high-touch point such as lift buttons, handrails and door handles.
- Cleaners engaged by Holmesglen are using hospital grade disinfectant.
- Cleaners are adhering to Department of Health, Environmental and Cleaning standards for COVID 19.
- Cleaning is being conducted during the day as well as after hours. This includes phones and static PC equipment using hospital grade disinfectant.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entry points of each building.
- Soap dispensers and paper towels are being replenished during the day
It is imperative that if you are unwell and presenting with flu or cold symptoms that you stay home, consult with your medical doctor and only return to classes and lectures as advised by your doctor. This is imperative in making sure that our Institute community - staff, students, industry and community partners and visitors - can be assured their health and safety has been safeguarded.
Symptoms may include a sore throat, fever, runny nose and cough. These symptoms, however, are not necessarily an indication that you have the Coronavirus. If you have been in contact with someone who has contracted the virus, consult with your GP or the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice regarding self-isolation.
What can you do to prevent colds/flu or contracting the Coronavirus?
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly as advised by the WHO
- Sneeze or cough into your elbows, NOT your hands (if tissue has been used, dispose of the tissue in a bin with a lid).
- Wipe down shared computers, desks, phones, or laptops using a detergent disinfectant, for example Dettol wipes.
- Make sure that you and your family get the Flu Vaccine.
- Distance yourself from unwell individuals (by 1.5 metres).
International student emergency relief fund: Applications closing soon.
If you're an international student at Holmesglen who incurred job and income losses since March, you could be eligible for a new hardship payment from the Victorian Government. FInd out how to apply for the new relief fund here.
If you are a Holmesglen students experiencing financial hardship due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts, we offer a range of options to assist with paying your tuition fees.
Tuition fees support for students experiencing financial hardship
- New students or students with currently outstanding fees may enter into a payment plan contract to assist with fee payments.
- Students already on a payment plan may apply to defer their next instalments for a period or reduce the instalment amounts payable and extend the term under their current payment plans.
Visit our payment plans page for more details, or call 03 9564 1846 to speak to our friendly Information Office staff.
International students should email InternationalStudentAssist@holmesglen.edu.au to arrange a telephone appointment with our International Student Support team.
We will accept applications for scholarships to cover outstanding fees due to financial hardship as a result of this crisis. Visit the following scholarship pages for details on applying..
Holmesglen has a professional financial counsellor available to provide free, confidential advice to all students - local and international. To find out more about the service and to make an appointment, visit our financial counselling page.
All of the above options are also available to our apprentices. Apprentices can also contact our Apprentice Central team for additional support.
Phone: 03 9564 1888
The Australian Government is also supporting employers to keep their apprentices and trainees employed during this time. Further details on the government scheme can be found here.
Ticketless parking now at Chadstone, Glen Waverley and Moorabbin
Holmeslgen has made the Easypark app available at all our paid parking locations which means you don't have to touch a ticket machine to pay for your parking. This follows the introduction at the Moorabbin campus last year.
Simply download the Easypark app to your smartphone or call 1300 734 070 and use the app remotely to pay for your parking in order to avoid contact with the ticket machine.
If you do not have access to the app or prefer to continue using the ticket machine, please wash your hands shortly after using it and try not to touch your face prior to washing your hands.
And look out for complimentary hand sanitiser stations on campus.