VCAL and VET Delivered to Secondary School restarts this week
VCAL and VET Delivered to Secondary School commences this week. Essential practical training for approved courses also continues.
Holmesglen last week resumed on campus face-to-face training for final year apprentice. Specific advice is being issued to final year apprentices via email to confirm exact days.
COVID-19 safety protocols for students on campuses
All students attending Holmesglen campuses must maintain the following safety and hygiene protocols, which include:
- Wearing properly fitted face masks, unless they have a medical exemption certificate, which they must carry on them at all times.
- Students are to provide their own properly fitted face masks for use on campus.
- Disposing used face masks, personal protective equipment (PPE) and tissues in the special purpose bins provided
- Students with medical exemption certificates must advise library staff and teachers when using libraries or attending classrooms, and also show their exemption paperwork on request.
- All individuals must maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres between themselves and others.
- Complying with all signs that denote the maximum number of occupants in a room or space including bathrooms.
- Mandatory use of hand sanitiser and/or soap before entering classrooms or buildings.
- Mandatory use of hand sanitiser and/or soap after bathroom visits.
- Coughing or sneezing into elbow or tissue and safe disposal of all tissues.
How to wear a face mask and care for it (Word - 930kb)
DHSS instructions on how to wear a mask (PDF - 469 KB)
All students must record their attendance in building and classroom attendance registers
COVID-19 Campus Attendance Registers
Student meal breaks and timetables
Student meal breaks and classes are staggered to prevent large groups gathering together - no more than eight students. See more under Outdoor Spaces.
Students who do not observe the COVID-19 protocols, i.e.; not wearing properly fitted face masks, not adhering to physical distancing rules etc. will be asked to leave campus.
- BEFORE and AFTER each session, students must join the teachers, librarians and other staff in cleaning the space and equipment within a classroom or learning space.
- Students and teachers must be spaced out in classroom settings, with a minimum 1.5 metres between each person and at least 4 square metres allocated to each person.
- Hand sanitiser/soap and paper towel will be available in all amenities.
- Photocopiers must be cleaned before and after every use.
- Frequently touched surfaces should be sanitised after every use.
Hand and power tools and other equipment
- Students and teachers must not share hand and power tools and classroom equipment during class.
- Students must wipe down hand tools, power tools and classroom equipment with sanitiser after use.
- Students must follow physical distancing when outdoors on campus grounds, including around entrances and break areas and when using seating, tables, raised garden beds and lawns, and while using Institute car parks.
During COVID-19, the following rooms have been designated as First Aid Isolation Rooms:
Safety is a shared responsibility and students are expected to support these measures that contribute to keeping our environment safe.
- Chadstone Building 5, Level 1 Room 02 (5.1.02)
- Moorabbin Building 4, Level 1, Room 115 (4.1.115)
- Drummond Street Building 3, Level 1, Room 05 (3.1.05)
- Glen Waverley Building 1, Level 1, Room 24 (1.1.24)
- St Kilda Road, Level 2, Room 3 (2.03)
- Bourke Street 3.04 (room 6)
- North Melbourne – Level 3 (ETU)