Skip to main content
logo print
Medical doctors are available at our Chadstone and Moorabbin campuses during the semester.
Please visit Student Services or call them on the numbers listed below  to make an appointment. Bulk billing applies, so remember to bring your Medicare Card or Overseas Student Health Card to your appointment.
Campus           Contact                 Appointment times (subject to change)
Chadstone (03) 9564 1649 Thursdays - 2pm to 5pm
Moorabbin (03) 9209 5680 Tuesdays - 10am to 12pm
Melbourne is a reasonably priced city providing good quality affordable living and abundant accommodation. Students will need approximately A$20,290 per year (excluding tuition) to cover living expenses including accommodation, food, transport, entertainment, clothing and books. Accommodation costs range from $150 - $210 per week for a flat or apartment to $335 per week for homestay with meals. Food costs about $80 - $120 per week and transport can cost $16 - $42 per week.

Counsellors are employed to assist international students with personal and study problems and to provide educational and vocational counselling. Students receive full assistance to achieve their study goals in Australia including transfers from Holmesglen to university. A welfare officer is employed to assist students with further accommodation requirements, renewing visas and to introduce them to a range of sporting, religious and other activities in Melbourne. Full information about the services for international students can be obtained from staff at the International Centre on all campuses.

Students who are coming to Australia with family members need to be aware of the costs associated with education and childcare in Melbourne. Students are advised to research the resources available prior to arrival in Australia. The following websites offer detailed information:

​Live in Victoria - this website provides information on the services offered in Victoria and gives explanation and further details on child care, primary school and secondary school. 

​Find a School - provides a listing of all schools both government and non-government in Victoria.

On arrival students may also wish to visit our Student Services Department at Holmesglen for further assistance.

Holmesglen provides a complete language support service to international students with extra tutorial assistance throughout the year.
Flexible Learning Centres
Students studying English language programs at the Institute have access to modern and well-equipped Flexible Learning Centres. A wide range of software, audio-visual and printed materials is available for practice and study in these Flexible Learning Centres. Specialist teachers are available in the Centre to devise and support individualised language learning programs for students.

Holmesglen provides library services at most of its campuses. Holmesglen Library provides students with learning resources, discussion rooms, computers and much more. The Library also provide access to a range of electronic databases, electronic journals and streaming videos, which can be accessed on and off campus. 

Helpful library staff members are available to assist students to use the library and to find specific information. Computers and discussion rooms can be booked in advance and printing and photocopying facilities are also available. Wi-Fi access is available on all Holmesglen campuses.

Additionally, Holmesglen students may borrow books from university libraries through the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program. For further information, please ask one of the library staff members at the service desk.

Cafeterias are situated on all campuses and there are a number of Asian restaurants and fast-food restaurants nearby.

Prayer room
Holmesglen provides prayer rooms on its Chadstone and Moorabbin campuses for students.

International students are required to contribute to the ​Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. This cover must be paid before a visa is issued. Holmesglen requires that students purchase OSHC for the full duration of the studies at Holmesglen (Program Length Cover). This protects you from rate rises in OSHC and gives you the security of continuous cover. Please contact the International Centre at Holmesglen for more information. OSHC will cover most medical expenses whilst the student is in Australia. By signing Holmesglen's application form, students agree to be subject to the terms and conditions of an OSHC provider and their policies. Holmesglen's preferred provider is OSHC Worldcare.
Holmesglen organises a broad range of activities to enable international students to meet local students in a relaxed and friendly environment. Student excursions are organised at subsidised prices to places of interest in Victoria over the weekends and interstate over the longer semester break holidays.

Fitness First, the leading health club operator in Australia, operates a modern fitness centre on the Chadstone campus. The fitness centre includes cardio theatres, a general training room, a weights area, a bicycle training area, sauna, solariums and a Pilates and aerobics room. Students studying at the Waverley campus can join Fitness First in Glen Waverley.

At the Moorabbin campus, Holmesglen Fitness offers a fully-equipped weight and fitness training room with an extensive range of cardiovascular equipment, free weights and pinloaded machines.

The Australian banking system is one of the world's most advanced. It has a long history of stable and safe banks. Moving to Australia is a big step for anyone to take and to have your banking run smoothly can make all the difference. Commonwealth Bank of Australia can give you a head start. We can help you set up your bank account even before you arrive in Australia. The Commonwealth Bank is one of the nation's most trusted financial institutions and has the largest branch and ATM network in Australia.

For more information or for a list of our toll free numbers please visit ​Commonwealth Bank or call Commonwealth Bank on +61 3 9886 9407.

Holmesglen is open all weekend and international students who have paid the full fees can enrol in additional subjects in their course at the weekend at no extra cost. This may enable them to fast-track some diploma programs.

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729