The Certificate II in Work Education prepares young people with complex learning needs for participation in the workforce.
Career opportunities, include:
- The 22481VIC Certificate II in Work Education may lead to entry-level open employment roles across a range of sectors.
Pathways to further study:
- Completion of this course provides a pathway into further study in a variety of training packages and/or open employment.
Studying the Certificate II in Work Education at Holmesglen
Offered in a supported environment, the program delivers a combination of foundational and vocational skills delivered in a hands-on format.
To be eligible for the award of 22481VIC Certificate II in Work Education learners must complete a total of 8 units comprising:
• 3 core units
• 1 WHS / OHS stream unit that best supports the focus of the elective units selected
• 4 electives selected from:
- Elective units listed below, where units may be chosen from within or across any listed skill cluster
- units from other endorsed or accredited training products where the unit/s are first packaged in AQF level 1, 2 or 3 qualifications in the source training product and reflect the integrity and intent of the qualification.
- Elective units have been chosen by Holmesglen based on feedback from industry and staff.
||Investigate job opportunities
||Develop written job application skills
||Identify workplace expectations
||Undertake a work placement
||Contribute to workplace health and safety
||Create simple texts for employment purposes
||Use business technology
||Work effectively in a business environment
| Code || Name |
|VU22574||Investigate job opportunities|
|VU21054||Develop written job application skills|
|VU22575||Identify workplace expectations|
|VU22576||Undertake a work placement|
|SIRXWHS002||Contribute to workplace health and safety|
|VU22367||Create simple texts for employment purposes|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|
|BSBIND201||Work effectively in a business environment|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards.
Entry to the 22481VIC Certificate II in Work Education is restricted to post compulsory school age students with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability.
Evidence must be provided of permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability, through the following:
• formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
• doctors / specialist reports
• attendance at a Specialist School / SDS
• integration support at school
• integration support at school with modified curriculum.
While students may also have the following conditions, these alone do not constitute a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability:
• social and / or emotional issues
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• specific learning difficulties
• mental health conditions
• physical disabilities.
It is suggested that students entering the Certificate II in Work Education have completed the Certificate I in Work Education previously. However there are no formal prerequisites.
Applicants need to attend an interview with the education manager at the campus to which they are applying.
Recognition of prior learning
You may be able to shorten the length of your chosen course by measuring skills acquired through work, life experiences or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training. AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by another registered training organisation will be recognised by Holmesglen. Read more about Recognition of Prior Learning, Credits and Advanced Standing.
Qualification and recognition
On completion, students will attain the 22481VIC Certificate II in Work Education.
How to apply
Visit How to Apply for more information on the application process.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
|Other fees* (GST inc)
*Materials and Activities fees are still payable by all students including students who may be eligible for Government subsidised/Concession fees.
Additional costs may apply to students who may require a Working With Children Check, National Police Check, consumables such as learning resources, personal protective equipment/clothing and immunisation costs as relevant to the course requirements.
All fees are indicative only. Your fees will be calculated on your individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth funding. Find out more about paying for your course.