Holmesglen will be closed December 21 - Jan 3 but Security can still be contacted 24 x 7 on 9564 2000.
Applications closing soon for International Student Emergency Relief Fund
International students at Holmesglen who have faced financial hardship as a result of job and income losses should apply without delay for the Victorian Government’s $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund.
Applications close at 11:50 pm on 31 December 2020.
Holmesglen Institute has been appointed by the Victorian Government to administer the processes for you to apply for a once-only support payment of up to $1,100. We have established a dedicated team of student support officers to receive and assess the applications to determine eligibility for this financial assistance and disperse the funds.
You may have already registered with Study Melbourne, however, you must complete the Application Form below to be assessed for eligibility to receive the International Student Emergency Relief Fund.
If you meet the eligibility criteria as outlined below, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible for this support by downloading and completing this Application Form (PDF - 292kb). Completed applications, with supporting documentation, are to be submitted via email to InternationalStudentAssist@holmesglen.edu.au
Please note: Having received other financial support from Holmesglen does NOT affect your eligibility to apply for this funding.
- You are an international student and were enrolled at 31 March 2020.
- You are an international student who has a student visa or bridging visa (with a student visa application in processing).
- You are an international student who currently resides in Victoria, Australia and is presently physically located in Victoria.
- You were engaged in legal work in Victoria any time from March to July 2020, and have experienced exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and those circumstances of hardship arise from:
- a significant reduction in hours of employment, OR
- loss of employment due to a business shutdown; AND,
- you are unable to supplement lost income from other sources of financial support, and
5. Any other eligibility criteria applied by the Recipient.
If you have any queries about your eligibility for this funding or advice on other support that may be available to you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our teams are on standby to assist you by phone at 9564 1703 or email us at InternationalStudentAssist@holmesglen.edu.au
Through the International Student Emergency Relief Fund and Study Melbourne, the Victorian Government is supporting international students who have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) and are most in need of financial support during this challenging time.
Study Melbourne is a Victorian Government initiative that provides support to international students. If you are an international student impacted by the pandemic, you can contact them via this form.
Visa information for International Students
The Australian Government has announced a range of visa measures to support international students impacted by COVID-19. Eligible international students unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19 will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge.
The visa application fee will be waived to allow eligible students to lodge a further student visa application to complete their study. This will be available to students who held a student visa on or after 1 February 2020 and who couldn’t complete their course within their original visa validity due to the impacts of COVID-19. This includes students who:
- deferred their study as they were unable to enter Australia due to travel restrictions
- were forced to reduce to a part-time study load
- were unable to complete their work-based training and/or placements.
View further information on the new visa measures here.
From January 4, 2021, the International Student Support team will be available to assist you.
We can assist you via a phone consultation or we can provide the advice you need via email.
Contact the International Student Support team
Monday to Friday 8.40am to 5pm,
Phone: 03 9564 1703
Holmesglen's Student Wellbeing team offers support to students during this time. For personal counselling and careers, financial, welfare and disability support, contact them on 9564 1649.
Visit Study Melbourne’s website regularly for up to date information and advice on all issues affecting international students at this time: