Skip to main content
logo print

We respect your right to privacy and any personal information provided by you to us will be held in confidence. This policy outlines how Holmesglen will handle personal information it collects from you for the purpose of VET Student Loans administration, how you can obtain a copy of your personal information, and what to do if you believe that Holmesglen has breached your privacy.

Information privacy principles

For the purposes of clause 23 of Schedule 1A of the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth.), Holmesglen staff comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.). When handling personal information obtained for the purposes of VET Student Loans administration, Holmesglen staff will:

Holmesglen maintains a register that is available for inspection by members of the public and that sets out:

Statutory collection and disclosure requirements

Holmesglen is required to collect and disclose personal information in relation to students who are eligible for VET Student Loans to meet our obligations under the VET Student Loans Act 2016 and VET Student Loans Rules 2016. These are:

Gaining access to your personal information

 Students may gain access to and make amendments to their personal details at any time through the Student eAdministration service on the Holmesglen website (go to – Current Students – Update your personal details).

You may request a copy of your personal information held by Holmesglen by writing to the Registrar, Holmesglen, PO Box 42, Holmesglen, Victoria, 3148. You must include in your request:

There is no charge to receive a copy of your personal information.

Complaints procedure

If you believe Holmesglen staff have breached the policies and procedures set out above, you should first discuss your concerns with the manager of the area in which you lodged the information initially. Generally this will mean that issues arising within a teaching department should be discussed with the Manager of the Teaching area and issues arising within student administration and records should be directed to the Registrar. You are welcome to discuss your concerns with a staff member from Student Services, if you don't feel comfortable approaching the manager concerned.

If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached, the alleged breach should be submitted in writing to the Deputy Privacy Officer, PO Box 42, Holmesglen, Victoria, 3148. Your complaint will be handled in accordance with the Complaints and Appeals procedure.

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729