On arrival at the venue
- Enter Hamer Hall via the main entrance (St Kilda Road).
- We strongly recommend wearing a face mask in all indoor settings. You can remove it when you go on stage.
- Go to the Registration Desk on Level 2 upon arrival. Please bring photo ID and ticket confirmation.
- Registration closes strictly 30 minutes prior to the rehearsal. Registration can be very busy, so please arrive at registration opening time. If you arrive after the registration desk closes you will not be able to graduate on stage.
- There is no mobile phone reception below street level at Hamer Hall. Please arrange a meeting spot with your guests, preferably outside Hamer Hall to reduce congestion.
- At registration you will be issued with a lanyard to wear at all times. The lanyard contains your gowning requirements and your seating/presentation order.
- After registration, staff will direct you to the gowning room to be gowned.
Stoles (for Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate) and hoods and trenchers (for Masters, Bachelors and Associate Degrees) will be issued in Holmesglen colours based on your qualification.
Graduands are responsible for the academic dress which must be returned no later than 45 minutes after your ceremony. Failure to return your academic dress will incur a $250 replacement fee.
Dress code for the ceremonies
The graduation gown is ¾ length and open at the front which means your clothes will be clearly visible. The graduation ceremonies are a formal occasion so please dress appropriately, such as how you would dress for a formal business interview. Please do not wear a jacket or coat as the gowns are heavy and very warm. Appropriate footwear should be worn. Very high heels may be difficult to walk in across the stage. Runners or thongs are not appropriate. You may remove your face mask just before entering the stage, and put your mask on again once you have exited the stage.