A live stream is available for those who are unable to attend the Graduation. Please click on the following links which will be live at the allocated ceremony time.
Ceremony 1: 11am May 9 : Livestream
Ceremony 2: 5pm May 9 : Livestream
The duration of the ceremony is estimated to be 90 minutes.
- Holmesglen staff will conduct a short rehearsal half an hour prior to the ceremony start time, explaining the requirements of being presented on stage. Please ensure you are seated in the Hall in time for the rehearsal.
- The graduation ceremony will commence with the entry of the academic procession in the Hall.
- Once the academic procession have taken their place on the stage, the ceremony will be officially opened.
- Graduands will be presented to the Chief Executive, Ms Mary Faraone, and the Executive Director Maxine Courtier.
- When prompted by the ushers the entire row of graduates will stand and move quietly in seat order to line up to be presented on stage. It is important that graduands remain in their seat order.
- Leave your program, papers, bags etc under your seat. Please do not take anything on stage with you.
- If you are collecting multiple awards your highest ranking award will be called out first, followed by other awards.
- If you are receiving a Dean’s Award for the Outstanding Graduate, this will be acknowledged as well.
- Once it is your turn to be presented on stage, the Master of Ceremonies will call your name. You will walk across the stage to be presented with your testamur/s by the Chief Executive and Executive Director.
- Accept your testamur/s with your right hand.
- A photograph is taken as each graduate is presented with their award.
- After the applause, proceed to exit on the opposite side of the stage.
- Return to your seat.
Please do not leave the Hall until the end of the ceremony.
At the conclusion of the ceremony the academic procession will leave the Hall, with the graduates following behind. You must then return your gown to the gowning room (staff will direct you to the gowning room).