Skip to main content
logo print
As an international student it is imporant to know your rights when renting in Victotia.  Please note:  
  • You have the same renting rights as local residents have under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
  • You have the right to ask your landlord (the owner of the rental property) or property manager to meet the obligations agreed in your rental lease - this will not affect your visa.

Renting in Victoria

Find out everything you need to know about renting in Victoria as an international student.

For more detailed information, please visit Consumer Affairs Victoria

Looking for more information in your language?

To help international students understand their renting rights, Consumer Affairs Victoria’s website contains information in 29 languages. Please download International students’ renting rights (PDF - 140 kb) 

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729