The Holmesglen International Learner Scholarship is awarded to current international learners who reflect Holmesglen’s core values of Ambition, Scholarship, Passion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The value of the scholarship will be credited to your tuition fees as you undertake further study at Holmesglen.
Selection is based on meeting the scholarship’s eligibility requirements and selection criteria.
Each year several International Learner Scholarships are available, each carrying a value of $1,000. Applications will open twice a year as per below:
Round 1 – Applications open 9.00am 1 April and will close at 11.59pm 30 April.
Round 2 – Applications open 9.00am 1 October and will close at 11.59pm 31 October.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must
- be a full fee-paying international student
- have completed at least two full semester of study at Holmesglen
- have at least six months of further study to complete at Holmesglen
- except for the Peter Grundy scholarship, not received another Holmesglen or government scholarship.
You must demonstrate how you have contributed to the Holmesglen community, achieved academic excellence and enhanced your leadership skills through academic transcripts, references, study goals, and other relevant personal achievements.
Criterion 1: Community (60%) – ASPIRE Value of Passion, Respect, Integrity
Criterion 2: Leadership (30%) – ASPIRE Value of Ambition, Scholarship, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Excellence
- Demonstrate contribution and connection to the Holmesglen and wider international student community
- Provide examples of activities or actions where you believe you have added value to the Holmesglen community and international student experiences
Criterion 3: Academic achievements (10%) – ASPIRE Value of Ambition, Scholarship and Excellence
- Outline your leadership abilities and describe how they have developed through your studies or extra-curricular activities.
- Provide an example of your leadership skills and outcomes you have achieved.
- Describe your studies and academic achievements to date.
- Provide a description of how your studies will assist you in achieving your career goals.
How to apply
You are required to complete and submit the Holmesglen International Learner Scholarship form (PDF 112kb) and supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Incomplete applications or applications made outside of the opening and closing dates will not be considered.
Supporting evidence should demonstrate how you reflect Holmesglen’s values of Ambition, Scholarship, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
Terms and Conditions
- The value of the scholarship will be credited towards the recipient’s Holmesglen tuition fees.
- Recipients will not receive any monetary payment to the value of the Scholarship.
- Scholarship award is non-transferable.
- A recipient may only be awarded one International Student Scholarship during their study at Holmesglen with the exception of being awarded the Peter Grundy Scholarship.
- The decision of the International Student Scholarship review panel is final and no further communication will be entered into Terms and Conditions
For more information on the application and submission process, terms and conditions, and eligibility criteria, please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions (PDF 63KB).