Holmesglen and Healthscope
Holmesglen and leading private healthcare provider Healthscope broke new ground nationally with the establishment of a jointly run private hospital at our Moorabbin campus. The hospital provides clinical training to our health science students as well as health care to the local community. It also creates new opportunities for applied research and innovation in health services.
Current projects include improving collaboration and communication in health care and establishing the effectiveness of an Inter-professional ward round for the assessment, diagnosis, and management of delirium in post-operative cardiac patients.
- Prevention of falls in Australian hospitals
- Virtual reality simulation programme for nurse education,
- Integrated practical placement programme for young people with a disability in conjunction with the Royal Children’s Hospital, (award winning programme ‘Industry collaboration award, Vic and National training awards)
- An evaluative research project conducted on Mammography Online: the trialling of an online specialist training programme for radiographers
Building 4.0 Co-operative Research Centre (CRC)
Holmesglen is contributing to a $28 million building and construction initiative. Funded by the Australian Government Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Program, Building 4.0 CRC aims to make Australia a leader in the advanced manufacturing of buildings.
- Holmesglen, along with 29 other organisations across the commercial, university, industry and government sectors will collaborate and use research to achieve the Building 4.0 CRC goal of disrupting the building industry through research and innovative technologies.
- Building 4.0 CRC will enable a customer-centric and connected transformation of the building industry.
- Building construction trades training staff and researchers at Holmesglen, along with our Centre for Applied Research and Innovation, will work closely together in establishing exciting initiatives.
- Building 4.0 CRC originated as a university-industry based consortium headed by Monash University, the University of Melbourne, Lend Lease, the Donovan Group and Coresteel buildings.
Augmented reality and virtual reality resources for the building construction industry
This research project in collaboration with industry researches the development and trial of learning and assessment resources for VET level programs in building construction. It aims to provide a resource to students via the web using augmented reality and virtual reality packages to simulate a range of building construction scenarios.
Sustainability and water use
A co-operative venture with South East Water in the development of heating processes for harvested water for use in domestic dwellings.
HVAC Centre of Excellence
The establishment of a Centre of Excellence for the Design Installation and Commissioning of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Systems in partnership with the Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors' Association of Victoria.