Careers and vocational counselling
Free to all Holmesglen students, our careers and vocational counselling is designed to help you:
- Research, assess and plan your career
- Identify your interests, values and strengths
- Clarify your career goals and develop strategies to achieve them
- Explore further study opportunities and course options
- Apply for a course through VTAC.
Please bring information about your studies or potential career directions to your appointment.
Ready to book a session? Contact Student Services at any of our campuses today.
Other support services
Adult Literacy Services
Holmesglen has trained volunteer tutors who can help you:
- Plan and write essays and reports
- Improve your spelling, grammar and vocabulary
- Develop your mathematical skills
- Advance your speaking and listening skills
This program is open to all past and present learners at Holmesglen as well as to the general public. Contact the Adult Literacy Unit on 03 9564 1665 or come in and see them at Building 7 at the Chadstone campus.
Career Resource Library
Accessible via Student Services on every campus, the Careers Resource Library provides information on:
- A wide range of careers options
- Higher education handbooks and course directories
- The Victorian Job Guide and Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO)
- The VTAC Guide
Career Pilot is a 12-week program that helps you build confidence and valuable work skills as you enter the workforce. Open to people aged 15 to 25 who hold a secondary qualification or are currently , the program covers:
- Career counselling, planning and support
- Practical placements and other pre-employment training
- Networking with industry leaders and employers
- 22238VIC Certificate III in General Education for Adults (fees apply)
If you’re interested in our Career Pilot, please contact:
Holmesglen Vocational College
03 9209 5112