The Asylum Seeker Scholarship is open to asylum seekers who are eligible to study in tertiary education to assist with the cost of their course while studying at Holmesglen.
- A person seeking asylum who currently holds a Bridging Visa with the right to study, Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) or a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV).
- Enrolled in a certificate or diploma vocational program.
- Provision of supporting documents.
- Provision of other relevant information.
- Scholarships are not available to Holmesglen Institute employees or their immediate families or associates.
- Selection panel decisions cannot be appealed against and no correspondence concerning decisions will be entered into.
- Only one scholarship can be awarded to an individual during their time at Holmesglen.
- The scholarship money will be provided on a semester by semester basis, and must be used for the payment of fees. The scholarship is in no way intended to cover all tuition or living costs for the year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee meets monthly to assess applications, and funds are subject to availability.
Up to $2,000 per scholarship
Download Asylum Seeker Scholarship Application Form (PDF - 1.4 MB)
Download Asylum Seeker Scholarship Terms and Conditions (PDF 60 KB)