Booking a PC
- Go to https://mypc.holmesglen.edu.au/
- Log in using your Network ID and Password (Same as Brightspace).
- In the Where section, choose the campus you would like to book the PC in Location, then click Submit.
- In the When section, click on the date box to choose a date for your booking, or use the arrow buttons to move forwards or backward by one day.
- Choose a block of time that is available and click once on the time block. A window will open to give you booking options. Click on Self. Please note: you may only book a PC for 2 hours at a time.
- Once you have chosen your options, click Save. A yellow block will appear on the screen display your booking.
Edit a booking
- If you are not logged in, go to https://mypc.holmesglen.edu.au/ and log in with your Network ID and password.
- Go to your booking by choosing the date of your booking in the date box. Click on the yellow box.
- A pop-up window will appear allowing you to change your start and finish times. Click Save to finish.
Cancel a booking
- Go to your booking by logging in at https://mypc.holmesglen.edu.au/. Click on your yellow block.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Delete to cancel your booking
When booking, the following guidelines apply:
- You can make bookings from any computer at Holmesglen, or from your own device using Holmesglen WiFi.
- You can make up to 2 bookings in total, and these can be consecutive.
- Your booking will be cancelled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- You can cancel a booking before your session.
- You cannot make a booking on behalf of another person.
- Booking screens are updated every 90 seconds as new bookings are added.
- You can 'walk up' to a PC and use it without booking it, provided the computer hasn't been booked for someone else or they are more than 15 minutes late.
- You will receive 3 warnings at 10, 5 and 3 minutes before your session ends. The PC will log out at the end of your session.
- You must save your work before the session ends. Use your own USB stick or cloud storage (e.g. One Drive) to save your files.
- If you leave your computer unattended for 15 minutes or do not press a key during that time, the PC will log you off automatically and you will lose your booking (e.g. if you go to the printer and take longer than 15 minutes).
- Computers in the group discussion rooms cannot be booked.
- If a student is sitting at a computer you have booked, tell them politely that you have booked the PC. If you have difficulty asking the student to move, Library staff will be happy to assist you.