Before completing the Application Form you should ensure that you fully understand the Institute's Terms and Conditions of Enrolment and the Fee Payment and Refund Procedures.
The Australian Government wants overseas students in Australia to have safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia's laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. These laws are known as the ESOS framework and they include the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2007.
To access the National Code 2007 or a description of the ESOS framework for students, visit the government website.
1. Complete the application form
- Download the International Students Application Form (PDF - 101kb)
- Make sure you have certified copies of your academic results including your English language assessment.
- You are required to confirm and consent to important items at the end of the Application Form – under the heading "Declaration". Please read them carefully before you sign the Application Form.
- If you are under 18 years, Application Form must also be signed by your parent (or welfare carer). Your application, along with the certified copies of the your academic results, including your English language assessment, must be forwarded to:
The Director, International Centre,
Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
PO Box 42,
Holmesglen Melbourne 3148 Australia
2. Application fee
- Applications will only be considered when they are accompanied by an Application Fee of A$500.
- Applicants who are applying through accredited agents and IDP Education offices are exempt from paying this application fee.
3. Provisional acceptance / rejection
4. Confirmation of enrolment forms / Visas
- Upon receipt of your application the Institute will notify you whether you have been accepted.
- If you are NOT accepted, your application fee will be refunded.
- If you are accepted, Holmesglen will forward to you a Letter of Offer and the Fee Schedule.
On receipt of your tuition fees Holmesglen will forward you an official Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) which will allow you to apply at Australian Embassies and Consulates abroad for a student visa to enter Australia.
5. Overseas student health cover
All international students must have health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. Holmesglen requires that students purchase OSHC to cover the full duration of their studies at Holmesglen (visa length cover).
6.Recognition of prior learning
International Students can receive exemptions for studies they have undertaken overseas or at another Institution in Australia, as long as they can demonstrate to have the same level of skill required in the Australian course.
Under the National Code of Practice, all international students must be able to complete their course within the expected duration of their eCOE.
International Students wishing to apply for RPL/Credit Transfer need to lodge their applications no later than the Friday prior to the course commencement date (i.e. End of Orientation Week).
- RPL/Credit Transfer Applications are available from the relevant Campus Information Offices or Centre Administration Offices or the International Centre.
- You will need certified copies of your academic transcripts, an official course syllabus/course outline of each subject that you undertook as part of this course and issued on institution letterhead and any relevant work experience evidence.
- Please ensure your application and supporting documents are submitted to your teaching centre no later than the Friday prior to your course commencement date. Please ensure your current email address and mailing address is available, as this information is required to notify you of your RPL Application outcome.
- Late applications will not be accepted
- RPL applicants are notified in writing by the Student Records Office on the outcome of their application. A student whose application for RPL is under process, must still attend the given class until such time as written notification of RPL application outcome is received.