1. Complete the application form
The Associate Director, International Centre,
- Download the International Students Application Form (PDF - 68kb)
- Make sure you have certified copies of your academic transcripts including your English language proficiency.
- You are required to confirm and consent to important items at the end of the Application Form – under the heading "Student Declaration". Please read them carefully before you sign the Application Form.
- If you are under 18 years, Application Form must also be signed by your parent (or welfare carer). Your application, along with the certified copies of the your academic transcripts, including your English language proficiency, must be forwarded to:
Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
PO Box 42,
Holmesglen Melbourne 3148 Australia
2. Application fee
- Applications will only be considered when they are accompanied by an Application Fee of A$500.
- Applicants who are applying through accredited agents and IDP Education offices are exempt from paying this application fee.
3. Provisional acceptance / rejection
- Upon receipt of your application the Institute will notify you whether you have been accepted.
- If you are NOT accepted, your application fee will be refunded.
- If you are accepted, Holmesglen will forward to you a Letter of Offer and the Fee Schedule.
4. Confirmation of enrolment forms / Visas
On receipt of your tuition fees Holmesglen will forward you an official Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) which will allow you to apply at Australian Embassies and Consulates abroad for a student visa to enter Australia.
5. Overseas student health cover
All international students must have health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme. Holmesglen requires that students purchase OSHC to cover the full duration of their studies at Holmesglen (visa length cover).
6.Recognition of prior learning
If you have relevant qualifications, skills or work experience, you may be eligible to apply for credit or advanced standing towards your studies at Holmesglen. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) recognises your skills and competencies gained through your previous experience in the workplace, voluntary work, and formal or informal learning and can enable you to gain entry or credit into your chosen study area.
Credit Transfer (CT) may be gained according to your previous successful completion of the same or similar subjects or units of competency within your selected course at Holmesglen.
Consideration of prior learning for international students will be consistent with the requirements of the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2001 and the National Code 2018. Further information is available by visiting the Government website.
A detailed credit transfer or recognition of prior learning policy and procedure is available on the Apply for credits, RPL exemptions page.