Skip to main content
logo print

Are you eligible for government-subsidised training?

You may be eligible for a government subsidised place in a VET course if you are:

  • an Australian citizen OR
  • a holder of a permanent visa OR
  • holder of a humanitarian visa OR
  • a New Zealand citizen.

To be eligible for the government- subsidised fee,  you must be enrolling in a course that is higher than the Australian qualification that you currently hold.

You cannot undertake more than two government-subsidised courses in a calendar year, and you cannot have commenced more than two courses at the same level in your lifetime.

If you will be under 20 years old on 1 January in the year in which you are enrolling AND you meet the citizenship/residency requirements,  you will be eligible for the subsidised fee regardless of prior qualifications.

Visit the Victorian Government website for more information about your eligibility for subsidised training under the Skills First program.

Exceptions may apply, so please contact your campus Information Officer. Holmesglen staff are available to determine if you are eligible for concession or subsidised fees.

If you are ineligible for concession or subsidised fees, Holmesglen Information Staff can provide information about assistance for paying your fees.


Concession fee rates are usually 20 per cent of the government-subsidised fee.  They may be available to you if you are:

  • enrolling in a Certificate-level course
  • meet all eligibility criteria
  • a current concession card holder  - or are the dependent of a card holder. 
Concession cards are:
  • Commonwealth Health Care Card
  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veterans Gold Card.

Important: Concession fees for Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs are also available to Aboriginals or Torres Strait Islanders.

All information is correct at the time of printing but subject to change.

Copyright © 2020 Holmesglen CRICOS Provider Code: 00012G RTO-0416 ABN: 40 096 756 729