Apprentices must not attend campus if they are unwell, or if they have COVID-19 symptoms must do the following:
- get tested
- stay home
- call our COVID-19 hotline on 9564 1900 from 9am-5pm.
If your apprentice has been confirmed as COVID-19 positive, then the apprentice must stay at home, and you or the apprentice are required to call our COVID-19 hotline on 9564 1900.
We thank you for your ongoing support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Apprentice Central on 9564 1888.
What health and safety measures are in place on campus?
- Regular cleaning of learning spaces (desks, equipment, etc.) across all campuses, with hospital grade sanitisers
- Learners will be zoned into specific learning spaces to minimise contact with learners from other groups with whom they are not normally in contact
- Scheduling of staggered break times for learners to minimise contact with other learners
- Learners are recommended to bring their own learning devices (laptops, tablet devices) to access learning resources on Brightspace. This is in preference to using shared learning devices.
- Wherever possible, units will be moved to online or remote learning.
Does my apprentice have to attend TAFE?
As employers of apprentices, we understand the challenges you may encounter. We also appreciate the vital contribution your apprentice(s) makes to the success of your business and the Victorian economy.
We ask that you make every effort to send your apprentice to TAFE as per their timetable, to meet the Individual Training Plans as per the Apprenticeship Trade Training Requirements.
If we are required to postpone on-campus trade training, we ask that you support your apprentice to continue with any available remote training.
We will continue to review all on-campus teaching and activities, events and planned social activities, and will keep you updated on any changes.
Holmesglen will notify affected students if we have a confirmed case of COVID-19.