Holmesglen and leading private healthcare provider Healthscope have come together to jointly run Holmesglen Private Hospital. Established in 2017 at our Moorabbin campus, the hospital provides extensive healthcare and surgical services to the local community. With 147 overnight beds, the hospital also operates as a clinical training and research ground for our nursing and allied health students.
Open 24/7 every day of the year, the Holmesglen Private Hospital Emergency Department treats a full range of medical and surgical emergencies.
- Performs rapid assessment and triage
- Is equipped with the latest medical technology
- Is staffed by leading specialist emergency doctors
- Offers comprehensive cardiac and chest pain services
- Includes immediate access to radiology, pathology, pharmacy and ICU.
Infusion and oncology services
The Day Infusion Unit at Holmesglen Private Hospital treats chronic illnesses and cancer with the following procedures:
- Antineoplastic therapy
- Blood transfusions
- Iron infusions
- Haematological treatments
- Special drug infusions.
Set in a modern, relaxed environment with lots of natural light, the Day Infusion Unit features comfortable reclining treatment chairs, Wi-Fi and large flat- screen TVs.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
Patients are admitted to the ICU or CCU when they require close monitoring and care from a specialist medical and nursing team.
The ICU offers 24-hour care under the management of a Fellow of the College of Intensive Care Medicine. All other medical and nursing staff have specialist postgraduate qualifications, training and experience.
Cardiac catheter laboratory
Cardiac catheterisation is a diagnostic procedure used to determine the extent of coronary artery and valve disease. It is the gold standard of coronary artery disease assessment.
The Cardiac Catheter Laboratory at Holmesglen Private Hospital is:
- equipped with the Phillips Allura Clarity FD20 system – the latest in advanced digital technology enabling accurate imaging of blood vessels throughout the entire body
- run by specialist doctors, cardiac nurses, radiographers and technologists
- caters to a wide range of cardiac procedures including angiographies, angioplasties, implants and more.
This clinic offers a range of wound management services for chronic to acute wounds such as:
- leg ulcers
- pressure injuries
- non-healing wounds of various aetiologies
- post-operative wounds
- trauma injuries & skin tears.
The department is managed by a Division 1 Registered Nurse with a postgraduate qualification in wound management and extensive experience in clinical practice and wound-care training.
Advanced Endoscopy (ERCP and EUS service
With the introduction of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) and Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) systems, Holmesglen Private Hospital can now:
- Meet the needs of advanced endoscopists
- Perform highly technical endoscopic investigations of the gallbladder and pancreas
- Perform endoscopic ultrasounds of the gastrointestinal tract
Holmesglen Private Hospital
490 South Road, Moorabbin, Vic 3189
T: 03 9567 9000