To apply for New Business Assistance with NEIS, you must meet both the personal and business eligibility requirements.
Personal eligibility requirements
be receiving an eligible Centrelink Allowance, such as Newstart, Youth Allowance, Parenting Payment Single/Partnered, Disability Support Pension, Carers Payment and Age Pension.
- be working 15 hours or less per week.
Business eligibility requirements
- not be currently operating on a commercial basis
- be independent, reputable and legal
- demonstrate potential commercial viability
- be established, located and operated solely in Australia
- ensure controlling interest in the business remains with the NEIS participant(s).