COVID-19 has changed the way we all do business. This skills set will help workers ensure their workplaces are safe for themselves and the community.
As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
After completion of this free training, participants will be able to confidently:
- follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards as outlined in their workplace COVID safe plan
- apply appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- demonstrate sound knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- hand hygiene practices
- effective surface cleaning
- use of personal protective equipment
- disposal of contaminated waste
- hazard identification, control and reporting
- appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission.
How you will learn
The short course is delivered over five weeks. In the first three weeks, the course kicks off with a one-hour online introduction, followed by students working through self-paced activities over the next three weeks.
Weeks two and three will require students to be present for a three-hour virtual classroom session after which assessment will take place in the workplace.