This free infection control skill set for transport and logistics workers is an online short course designed to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
Studying the Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) at Holmesglen
As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers in critical industries such as transport and logistics need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
• hand hygiene practices
• effective surface cleaning
• use of personal protective equipment
• disposal of contaminated waste
• hazard identification, control and reporting
• appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
• knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
After completion of training, participants will be able to confidently:
• follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
• identify infection hazards and assess risks
• follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
This unit of competency will be delivered over a four-week period where students will be taken through online learning tasks via the Holmesglen online learning management system and directed towards activities and online assessments for the first three weeks.
Once this has been completed, a workplace assessment time will be booked and an observational assessment will take place in the workplace which is estimated to take no longer than an hour.
||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
| Code || Name |
|HLTINFCOV001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
An observational assessment will take place in the workplace, taking about an hour.
- be currently employed or volunteering in transport and logistics.
- have not previously completed this Skill Set or either of the other Infection Control Skill Sets.
As assessment will take place in the workplace, course participants will need acccess to the following to complete this training:
• an internet connected device capable of streaming in order to complete on line assessments
• access to their workplace COVID safe plan
• a sink with soap and paper towelling
• hand sanitiser
• gloves and a face mask
• workplace linen (table cloth, tea towel, work uniforms as may be relevant to the workplace)
• disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes or soap and water.
Prior to enrolment or start of training, participants will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment and a pre-training interview. These will assist with determining their suitability for the course, verify their training plan and identify any learning support needed.
Qualification and recognition
On completion, you will attain a Statement of Attainment for the unit:
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Transport and Logistics)
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.