This free infection control skill set for food handling workers is an online short course designed to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
Studying the Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling) at Holmesglen
As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers in critical areas including food handling need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
• hand hygiene practices
• effective surface cleaning
• use of personal protective equipment
• disposal of contaminated waste
• hazard identification, control and reporting.
After completing the training, participants will be able to confidently:
• follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
• identify infection hazards and assess risks
• follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
• knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission.
This unit of competency will be delivered over a four-week period where students will be taken through online learning tasks via the Holmesglen online learning management system and directed towards activities and online assessments for the first three weeks.
Once this has been completed, a workplace assessment time will be booked and an observational assessment will take place in the workplace which should take no longer than an hour.
||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
| Code || Name |
|HLTINFCOV001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
An observational assessment will take place in the workplace, taking about an ihour.
- be currently employed or volunteering in a food handling setting.
- have not previously completed this Skill Set or either of the other Infection Control Skill Sets.
As assessment will take place in the workplace, course participants will need access to the following in order to be able to complete this training:
• An internet connected device capable of streaming in order to complete on line assessments
• access to their workplace COVID safe plan
• a sink with soap and paper towelling
• hand sanitiser
• gloves and a face mask
• workplace linen (table cloth, tea towel, work uniforms as may be relevant to the workplace)
• disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes or soap and water.
Prior to enrolment or start of training, you will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment and a pre-training interview. These will assist with determining your suitability to the course, verify your traiing plan and identify any learning support needs.
Qualification and recognition
On completion, you will attain a Statement of Attainment for the unit:
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Food Handling)
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.