This free infection control skill set is designed to help staff identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. Delivered as a mixture of online and workplace-based training, this short course is designed to meet the requirements of all Victorian workers employed in all industries across Victoria.
Studying the Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set at Holmesglen
As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
Participants in this short course will learn a range of skills, including:
• hand hygiene practices
• effective surface cleaning
• use of personal protective equipment
• disposal of contaminated waste
• hazard identification, control and reporting.
After completion of training, participants will be able to confidently:
• follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
• identify infection hazards and assess risks
• follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards as outlined in their workplace COVID safe plan
• apply appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
• demonstrate sound knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission.
The short course is delivered over five weeks. In the first three weeks, the course kicks off with a one-hour online introduction, followed by students working through self-paced activities over the next three weeks.
Weeks two and three will require students to be present for a three-hour virtual classroom session after which assessment will take place in the workplace
||Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities
| Code || Name |
|BSBWHS332X||Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards.
Participants need to be currently employed or volunteering in client facing roles irrespective of citizenship or residency status to take part in this training program. They must not have already completed another COVID-19 Infection Control Skill Set.
Students will be required to undertake a literacy and numeracy assessment to ensure they are capable of completing the online portions of this training.
As assessment will take place in the workplace, students will need access to the following in order to be able to complete this training:
• An internet connected device capable of streaming in order to complete on line assessments
• Access to their workplace COVID safe plan
• A sink with soap and paper towelling
• Gloves and a face mask
• Workplace linen (table cloth, tea towel, work uniforms as may be relevant to the workplace)
• Disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes or soap and water.
Qualification and recognition
On completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Attainment for BSBWHS332X Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities stating:
"This unit of competency from the BSB Business Services Training Package provides the skills and knowledge required to follow infection prevention and control procedures in the workplace."
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.