Safer workplaces are more productive workplaces and this WHS course for Managers will give you skills in OHS management and compliance.
Studying the WHS course for Managers at Holmesglen
Managers and supervisors have considerable responsibilities and duties in regards to occupational health and safety. This program has been developed to provide an overview of the knowledge and skills required to prevent workplace injuries and to manage a safe workplace. It studies leadership safety duties and responsibilities under the Act.
Group bookings of 10 or more can be offered at your location or at one of our other campuses.
This course is delivered over one full day and uses a blend of face-to-face theory and practical based training activities.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Apply knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation, Compliance Codes and Standards to a workplace
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees in OHS. Apply the principle of ‘reasonably practicable’ to workplace situations
- Describe strategies to identify, assess and control workplace hazards to ensure a safe workplace. Apply the principles of risk management to workplace hazards
- Describe the consultative structures and the process for resolving health and safety issues in the workplace and the role of WorkSafe inspectors, their powers and issue resolution functions
- Describe how to undertake investigation, risk assessment and risk control of workplace incidents/accidents and application of Leading and Lagging Indicators.
||Health And Safety For Managers
| Code || Name |
|HSM01-M||Health And Safety For Managers|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards.
- 100% attendance is required
- Photo ID: Driver's Licence, Learners Permit, Student ID card or Passport
- Please bring pen and paper
- Enrolment for this course closes 3 business days prior to course commencement. Therefore, payment for this course is required to be finalised before then. If not, you will not be able to attend the course on the day of your choice.
There are no pre-requisites for this course
Qualification and recognition
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will then be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.