This WorkSafe-approved HSR Refresher Course give HSRs a chance to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training Course and refresh their knowledge of the learnings on work health and safety.
Studying the HSR refresher OHS training course at Holmesglen
Designed for HSRs, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members, this course gives participants the opportunity to refresh their knowledge and learn from our professional trainers who come with plenty of industry experience.
The course is delivered on-campus. Group bookings of 10 or more can be offered at your workplace location or at one of our other campuses. Please contact the Department to discuss.
It should be noted that under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs, after completing an Initial OHS training course, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose their course in consultation with their employer.
The refresher course is delivered in one day.
The learning objectives of this course include:
- identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- establishing representation in the workplace
- participating in consultation and issue resolution
- represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s.
||HSR Refresher OHS Training Course
| Code || Name |
|SIC00229||HSR Refresher OHS Training Course|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- a Photo ID: Driver's Licence, Learners Permit, Student ID card or Passport must be presented for enrolment
- Enrolment for this course closes 3 business days prior to course commencement. Therefore, payment for this course is required to be finalised before then.
Attendees must attend the full day.
Qualification and recognition
Upon completion of the course, participants will be issued a Certificate of Attendance as per WorkSafe requirements.
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
|Full Fee||$249.90||per annum|
|Mandatory Materials and Activities fees * (GST inc)
|Materials fee||$0.00||per annum|
|Activities fee||$0.00||per annum|
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.