This WorkSafe-approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course will provide Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) with an understanding of how to effectively exercise their powers and entitlements under the OHS Act 2004.
Studying the HSR initial OHS training course at Holmesglen
The initial course is delivered over five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) or one day a week, scheduled over five weeks.
Five days/week (Monday to Friday)
- Monday 24 May till Friday 28 May 2021
- Monday 30 August till Friday 3 September 2021
- Monday 8 November till Friday 12 November 2021
Five days, one day/week
- Wednesdays from 16 June till 14 July 2021
- Fridays from 30 July till 27 August 2021
- Tuesdays from 14 September till 12 October 2021
- Thursdays from 18 November till 16 December 2021
The course is delivered using a blend of face-to-face theory and practical based training activities.
Holmesglen is approved to deliver the WorkSafe HSR Initial OHS training course.
It should be noted as per Section 67 of the 2004 OHS Act all elected HSR's are entitled to undertake the WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training for HSR's and choose their training course in consultation with their employer.
Although the course is designed for HSRs, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members, anyone with an interest in health and safety could also benefit from attending an HSR training course.
The course is delivered on campus. Group bookings of 10 or more can be offered at your workplace location or at one of our other campuses. Please contact the Department to discuss.
The learning objectives of this course include:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Participating in consultation and issues resolution
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s)
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work.
||HSR Initial OHS Training Course
| Code || Name |
|SIC00228||HSR Initial OHS Training Course|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- a Photo ID: Driver's Licence, Learners Permit, Student ID card or Passport must be presented at enrolment.
- Enrolment for this course closes three business days prior to course commencement. Therefore, payment for this course is required to be finalised before then. If not, you will not be able to attend the course on the day of your choice.
This course must be completed within six months of commencement and students must attend the full course.
Qualification and recognition
Upon completion of the course, participants will be issued a Certificate of Attendance as per WorkSafe requirements.
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
|Full Fee||$899.50||per annum|
|Mandatory Materials and Activities fees * (GST inc)
|Materials fee||$0.00||per annum|
|Activities fee||$0.00||per annum|
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.