The HSSMSF0005 Take a Seat with Us Taster Program offers a unique opportunity for you to explore various industries over three apprenticeship pathways at Holmesglen.
The short 12-week duration is perfect for individuals who want to broaden their skills and get a taste of different trade areas – perfect for further training or employment opportunities.
Plus, upon completion of the program, you can transfer credits earned to your desired trade qualification.
Course start date
The inaugural course commences Monday 5 June 2023. There are five more courses to be delivered over the 2023-2024 period.
Studying at Holmesglen
During the HSSMSF0005 Take a Seat with Us Taster Program, you will undertake the following units.
- Unit 1: MSMWHS200 Work safely
- Unit 2: MSTTX3014 Set up, adjust, and maintain industrial sewing machines
- Unit 3: MSTTX2014 Perform industrial sewing on textile products
- Unit 4: MSFGN3001 Read and interpret work documents
- Unit 5: MSFUP2010 Machine sew basic upholstery final cover materials
- Unit 6: MSFGN2001 Make measurements and calculations
- Unit 7: AURVTS006 Fabricate automotive and marine trim components
The is no entry requirements for this course
Recruitment - Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission, and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.
This is a free course, which is fully funded by the Multi-Industry Collaboration Group and the Australian Furniture Association.