This course includes part modelling, assemblies and producing detailed drawings. It is self-paced and completed in the comfort of your own home.
Studying the Inventor at Holmesglen
This online course has been designed if you have have minimal or no experience, so that you can learn the latest techniques on Inventor 2018, using simple step by step video tutorials. You will learn how to produce basic to advanced drawings utilising the latest features, commands and techniques, from the comfort of your own home.
After enrolling with Holmesglen, you will be eligible to download a free, one-year student full trial version of Inventor 2018 and the latest industry software from the Autodesk community website. Throughout your studies you will also receive support from experienced trainers.
After completing the course you will have developed the knowledge and skills to enable you to work autonomously and productively with Inventor.
Some of the areas you will learn about include:
- Overview and customising user interface
- File types such as project, part and drawing
- Drawing and modifying commands
- 2D sketches and sharing sketches
- Dimensioning on sketches including formulas
- Construction and center lines
- Multiple sketches
- Work planes and axis
- Commands such as extrude, revolve, loft, shell
- Patterns for features and sketches
- Engraving and embossing
- Holes, ribs and threads
- Fillets and chamfers
- 3D sketches
- Materials and finish
- Editing models
- Creating a custom title box
- Prompted entries
- Dimensioning on detailed drawings
- Creating orthogonal views
- Creating a local section
- Creating full sections
- Creating sketches
- Center lines
- Dimensioning chamfers, holes and threads
- Using symbols
- Editing dimensions
- Scaling views
- Adding and constraining parts to an assembly file
- Placing fasteners from the content center
- Creating assembly detailed drawings
- Creating movement by using drive or motion constraints
- Creating exploded detailed drawings
- Creating presentation files displaying assembly
- Creating part lists
- Displaying sectioned assembly views
- Applying surface finish
||Inventor part modelling, assemblies and detailed drawings
| Code || Name |
|SIC00428||Inventor part modelling, assemblies and detailed drawings|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards
There are no formal entry requirements.
There are no formal pre-requisites.
Qualification and recognition
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion.
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.