This program prepares you for one of the three, Energy Safe Victoria-required Licensed Electrical Assessment examinations - the Licensed Electrical Theory (LET) exam.
Topics covered in the LET refresher include:
- Electrical Safety
- AS/NZS 3000: Wiring Rules
- AS/NZS 3012: Electrical Installations – Construction & Demolition Sites
- Electrical Safety (Installation) Regulations
- Code of Practice for Safe Electrical Work Low Voltage Electrical Installations
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of Cables
- Minimum Permissible Size of Neutral Conductor in Multiphase Circuits
- Drawing Defects – Non Domestic
- Voltage, Current, Resistance & Power in a Direct Current (D.C.) Circuit
- Maximum Demand
- Voltage Drop
- Protection against Current Overload and Short-Circuit Current
- Transformers – Key Safety Issues
- Multiple Earthed Neutral (MEN) System of Earthing
- Extra Low Voltage and Earth Leakage Current Protection
- Electrical Motors & Motor Starters
||Licensed Electrical Theory (LET)- Tutorial
| Code || Name |
|SIC00357||Licensed Electrical Theory (LET)- Tutorial|
Assessments are designed to provide learners with opportunities to demonstrate they have attained the required skills and knowledge using a range of practically based activities and tasks, as required by recognised standards
Apprentices must have successfully completed or near completed their on/off-the-job studies relevant to the Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician program.
This course is to assist with preparation for the Energy Safe Victoria -L.E.A assessments
Qualification and recognition
We recommend Future Energy Skills as the preferred assessment venue for the LEA.
|Tuition fees (GST exempt)
Holmesglen tuition fees shown are all inclusive and indicative of the cost to complete the entire course.
Holmesglen may engage third parties to recruit students on behalf of the institute. Third party recruiters receive a commission and this will not impact on your fees.
Find out more about your rights and obligations as a student and the services we provide at Holmesglen.