The Institute's purpose
The purpose of the Mackenzie Research Institute is to provide an evidence-based rationale for the reform of tertiary education in Australia. MRI seeks to create and advocate ideas that can improve tertiary education in Australia for industry and the wider community, providing greater student opportunities for access and success. What is unique about the Institute is that it will advocate from a technical and further education perspective.
It seeks to achieve its purpose by:
- suggesting and/or developing strategies that can enhance the capabilities of TAFE institutes
- actively producing policy-based research that challenges the existing tertiary framework in Australia
- engaging in public debate and with government, business and social institutions to influence tertiary education in Australia so that it better meets the needs of students and the demands of a global economy.
Its activities and strategies include:
- the publication of position papers on issues of significance
- the dissemination of positions through media outlets, conferences engagement of government, business and other tertiary institutions
- the initiation and/or hosting professional development programs
- undertaking research relevant to its purpose in conjunction with others, or for others.
The Mackenzie Research Institute (MRI) is an independent research institute situated at Holmesglen. The MRI’s views are not necessarily the views of Holmesglen.