Holmesglen is committed to ensuring quality sustainable performance of the organisation and to becoming both sustainability leaders and learners within the community.
To achieve this the following implementation strategies have been adopted:
- Enhance environmental and socially sustainable performance in all aspects of its operation
- Educate for sustainability
- Invest in people
- Foster industry partnerships around sustainability
- Engage the community on sustainability
An Environmental Sustainability Committee was established in August 2006 to facilitate the implementation of environmental principles and practices at Holmesglen. The committee assists with issues of regulatory compliance, continual improvement and assessing new and innovative ideas.
The Institute's environmental initiatives include but are not limited to:
- Facilities Development
- Energy and water usage
- Recycling and waste management