Holmesglen is committed to community engagement. We seek to play a key role in the social fabric of our communities, ensuring that individuals develop skills through education and training that engage industry and enrich the workforce, and in turn contribute to economic and social wellbeing and the overall prosperity of the nation.
Community Engagement Plan 2020-2023
The purpose of our Community Engagement Plan is to set priorities for community engagement to improve learner outcomes, build capacity in learners and staff, and enhance understanding and appreciation of the role and value of each stakeholder to the other.
Goals of the plan
Holmesglen will engage students, industry, community members, staff, and government to enhance the student experience and showcase Holmesglen as a leading tertiary provider for the 21st century. We do this to ensure that Holmesglen is established in the community. This will be achieved by remaining relevant, connected and contributing to the community.
- co-create value for our stakeholders and for Holmesglen, ensuring all parties derive benefit from our engagement
- make an impact in the wider community and raise awareness of the Holmesglen brand
- unite communities by bringing our learners, staff and our wider communities together
- strengthen our reach and purpose within the communities we serve
- appreciate our partners and grow our relationships with them
- make our stakeholders feel welcome to engage with, use and experience our significant community resource.
The Community Engagement Plan has four broad pillars:
Download the Community Engagement Plan 2020 - 2023 ( PDF -1.858Kb)
- Mobilising our resources to support our communities
- Impactful partnerships
- Leadership and influence
- Strengthening community based research and teaching.
Partnering with Holmesglen
Our connection to industry is a hallmark of what we do, and covers all areas of our teaching and learning disciplines. We ensure this connection extends to our learners through partnerships and placements that enable students to experience contemporary work practices and work in relevant and stimulating environments.
Our stakeholders extend to varied communities of individuals, governments, schools and universities, volunteer groups, nonprofit agencies, industry bodies, and foundations. Read more about our major partners here.
With campuses located in multiple local government areas – Stonnington, Melbourne, Kingston, Monash and Murrindindi – we work with councils and local communities to exchange resources and expertise.
Holmesglen has over 130,000 alumni living around Australia and across the world. We have large segments of international alumni and learners, extending our presence and influence globally.
How you can engage with us
Holmesglen relies on a strong ecosystem of loyal small, medium and large businesses across sectors - and we are always keen to discuss new ideas. Our industry connections span health, hospitality, information technology, civil and mechanical engineering, construction, transport, fashion, arts and business. We are confident and excited that our collarborations will continue to evolve for the benefit of our learners and Victorians.
We welcome the opportunity to explore future partnershiops. Stakeholders are encouraged to engage via our Community Engagement Coordinator, or by submitting a proposal online.
Some of the ways in which you can engage with us:
- bring us your practical workplace challenges
- offer us support in-kind or donations to assist our students
- make meaningful work placement roles available
- offer staff industry experience opportunities.
Get in touch with our Community Engagement Coordinator Linda Dennison about how your business can partner with Holmesglen.
Contact Linda on 03 9209 5133 or submit your details on the form here and she'll get back in touch soon.
Read more about Philanthropy and Alumni
Read more about our Centre for Applied Research and Innovation